- This delightful cottage enjoys beautiful rural views across lakes and toward the downs
- An ideal location for nature-lovers, keen walkers and cyclists
- Perfect base for enjoying the wonderful countryside and glorious coastline
- 2 bedrooms – 1 double, 1 zip-and-link twin (can be made into a super-king-size double on request and by agreement at the time of booking)
- 1 bathroom with shower and WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment and washer/dryer
- Access to a freezer is provided
- TV/DVD and music system in lounge
- Terrace with garden furniture and BBQ
- Parking for 2 cars
- Bike and dinghy storage available
- Central heating and electric included
- Wi-Fi included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Security deposit – £100 per booking
- Set on a working farm
- Trout fishing can be arranged
- Regret no pets
- Children should be supervised in the grounds due to the pond and lakes
- Supermarkets, pubs and restaurants within walking distance
Blackwater, Isle of Wight – Marvel Cottage
This wonderful and serene farm cottage in the centre of the Isle of Wight provides delightful views, a variety of wildlife, and a fishing lake, and is an ideal base for travelling this picturesque island.
This charming cottage is located near an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the Isle of Wight.
Nearby, there’s a beautiful pond with plenty of fauna, as well as two enormous trout lakes teeming with a variety of species, making them ideal for birdwatchers.
The neighbouring Stenbury Trail, which runs from Cowes to Ventnor, and the Tennyson Trail, which runs from Carisbrooke Castle to the Needles on the island’s western point, make for excellent cycling and walking opportunities.
A short drive away are the sandy beaches of Sandown, Shanklin, and Ventnor, as well as Osborne House, Queen Victoria’s island palace.
Newport is a market town with a variety of stores and eateries.
You’ll find yourself in the charming and welcome open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner upon entering this elegant barn conversion, which offers stunning rural views from all of the main rooms.
The light and spacious lounge is a perfect place to unwind, with plenty of comfortable seating, a TV/DVD, and a music system.
You will also find a lovely dining area.
An electric oven and stove, microwave, refrigerator with ice section, and washer/dryer are all included in the kitchen. There is also a freezer available.
There are two pleasant bedrooms on the first floor: a double room and a twin room with a zip-and-link bed that can be changed up into a super-king-size double if requested at the time of booking.
A bathroom with a built-in shower and WC is also available.
The lounge’s French doors open onto a nice patio with beautiful open views.
You’ll find garden furniture and a grill to enjoy a lunch outside in the sunshine.
The garden in front of the cottage is surrounded by lovely picket fencing.
From the cottage you can watch red squirrels feeding.
Two vehicles can be parked alongside the cottage or just outside the garden area.
Storage is available for bicycles and dinghies by arrangement.
You are welcome to wander through the lovely farm land and enjoy picnics by the trout lakes, and fly fishing on the lakes can be arranged.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.
Share With Friends