- Stunning converted coach house offering fantastic uninterrupted sea views of the Solent
- Just a short walk from the centre of Cowes, with its vibrant bars, restaurants and shops
- Watch the world go by from the garden and terraced area
- 2 bedrooms – 1 super-king-size zip-and-link (which can be made up as a twin – if required as a twin please request at the time of booking) and 1 double
- 1 shower room with WC and 1 en-suite bathroom with WC
- Electric oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room with microwave, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Electric and central heating included (underfloor heating on ground floor)
- Road-side parking to the front of the property subject to availability
- Wi-Fi included
- Regret no pets
- Pubs and shops in walking distance
- TV and Blu-ray player in the lounge
There’s a real wow factor to this magnificent holiday property, from its spired tower to its sensational lounge overlooking the Solent and the wealth of contemporary furnishings and fittings throughout.
This stunning conversion of a former coach house is beautifully situated by the waterside near Cowes – the Solent is literally at the end of the garden. Sit back and appreciate the idyllic sea views of sailing boats, liners and smaller craft. Within walking distance is the centre of Cowes, a fashionable sailing centre world-renowned for its sailing week in August. The town has a range of boutique shops and some excellent restaurants. The small coastal resort of Gurnard is also a pleasant stroll away along the sea front – here you’ll find a pub and children’s play area. However, wherever you visit, you’ll be keen to return to your sumptuous holiday home!
Entering the property’s gate to view the tower and grounds, you’ll feel as though you’re checking into your own mini castle. The elegant oak and tiled floors on the ground floor are under-heated, including those in the heavenly, open-plan lounge/diner that takes pride of place. In here, large floor-to-ceiling windows allow you to take full advantage of the superb sea views from the two sofas, though you can also be entertained by a TV and blu-ray player. There’s a wood burner to take the edge off those chillier evenings, and a dining table seating four. Just around the corner is a contemporary kitchen that includes a range cooker and dishwasher, with a separate utility room containing a microwave, washing machine and tumble dryer. The ground-floor bedroom is a delight – as well as a super-king-size zip-and-link bed (which can be made up as a twin on request at the time of booking), it has patio doors out onto the garden and an en-suite bathroom with a shower over the bath and WC. A separate shower room on this floor also features a WC. A door opens from the living room onto an enclosed staircase ascending to a characterful double bedroom in the octagonal tower of the property, offering fine sea views. Please note that the upstairs bedroom is not suitable for young children due to the galleried stairwell and open staircase.
Outside there is a raised terrace at the side of the property with garden furniture, a perfect spot for al fresco dining while enjoying the wonderful vistas. A second terrace at the front affords views of the sea, while there is also a shared lawn where visitors can relax and a private path leading directly down to the sea front. No ball games are allowed in the garden due to the proximity of the esplanade and the large lounge windows. Parking is unrestricted on the road outside Briary Cottage.