- 2 bedrooms – 1 double with king-size bed, 1 single with a 4ft bed
- 1 bathroom – 1 shower over bath and WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Smart TV and wood burner in lounge
- Walled garden with furniture
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in utility room shared with adjoining cottage. The tumble dryer is charged at 50p per half an hour on a meter.
- Off-road parking for 3 cars
- Central heating and electric included
- Towels available on request for no extra charge – please request at the time of booking
- Bed linen included
- Wi-Fi included – due to the location this can be intermittent
- 2 dogs welcome
- Shops in Godshill 0.75 miles away, pub within 1 mile
- Access to the cottage is along a lane which can be uneven in areas
Converted from an 18th century milking parlour and nestling on the outskirts of a picturesque village, this lovely stone cottage offers a charming holiday home in the heart of the Isle of Wight.
Less than a mile away from this lovely cottage is the tranquil village of Godshill, with its pretty thatched cottages, historic church, great restaurants, good pubs and delightful tea rooms. The popular market town of Newport with its variety of shops and medieval castle is also nearby. You can enjoy the beautiful walk to Shanklin following the Stenbury Trail, which is also a fantastic cycle ride, or enjoy the glorious sandy beaches of Sandown, Shanklin and Ventnor, which are all just an easy drive away. With opportunities for golf, kayaking and horse riding, as well as a children’s theme park, vineyard, cider company, donkey sanctuary, farm shop and chocolate factory in the area, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
On entering this lovingly converted holiday cottage you will find yourself in the comfy and welcoming lounge. With plenty of comfortable seating, Smart TV and a traditional wood burner, this is a lovely space to unwind in at the end of a great day out. Exploring the ground floor further you will find the pretty kitchen/diner, which features a charming dining area, and you will find the kitchen is fully equipped with an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. You will find a washing machine and tumble dryer available in a nearby utility room, use of which is shared with the adjoining cottage. Heading upstairs you will find two cosy bedrooms. There’s a double room with a king-size bed and a single room with a 4ft bed, which is designated as a single as the bed is accessible from only one side. You will also find a bathroom complete with a shower over the bath and a WC.
Stepping outside, you will find an attractive walled, courtyard style garden at the rear of the property, and there is a lovely fenced area of garden at the front with a lawn, bird table and shrubs. Red squirrels and a variety of birds are frequent visitors. Garden furniture is provided so you can enjoy a meal al fresco. There is a parking area for three cars near the cottage.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.
Share With Friends