- Idyllic rural location on a working farm with its own nature trail and footpaths leading from your doorstep
- Private courtyard garden, ideal for relaxing over alfresco drinks
- Centrally located on the Isle of Wight, just eight miles from a choice of beaches
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Electric and central heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- Regret no pets
- Beach 7 miles, pub and shop 1.5 miles
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Bike storage available by request
- Other barn conversions are available on the farm to accommodate larger groups
- There is a step to enter and a step out onto the patio garden
This property is located in a fantastic central position on the Isle of Wight, making it easy for guests to access all of the island’s top attractions and beaches. The area immediately around the cottage comprises of peaceful fields with zig-zagging footpaths leading to nearby villages, including Arreton which is a pleasant thirty-minute walk away and offers two pubs offering home cooked food, an art and crafts centre and a well-stocked farm shop. Keen cyclists will also love it here, as there are well-established cycling routes on the island, making it possible for guests staying at the cottage to enjoy rides to Newport, Sandown, and even north to Cowes. Of course, the Isle of Wight is famed for its beaches, and from this cottage three of the island’s most popular beaches (at Ventnor, Shanklin, and Sandown) can be reached within a short drive away.
On arrival at this property, guests will find that everything is conveniently situated on the ground floor of the building. The main living is a delightful open-plan space which features areas of the original stone walls, as well as a beamed ceiling. At one end of the room the lounge area has comfortable seating and a TV/DVD, whilst the dining area offers a table seating four and is next to the kitchen area which is well-equipped with an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, and tumble dryer. The property has one bedroom, a tastefully decorated double room which benefits from an en-suite bathroom with a bath, separate shower and WC.
The property is ideal for those who enjoy spending time outdoors, as not only is there a private, enclosed courtyard garden with garden furniture, but guests also have access to the farm grounds where they will have a chance to meet the free-range rescue hens, resident goat, and small herd of cows. In addition to this there is also an on-site nature trail where lucky guests may well catch a glimpse of herons, ducks, badgers, and rabbits as they walk around the lakes, which also make a lovely backdrop for picnics. There is off-road parking for one car at the front of the cottage as well as bike storage space which available on request.