- Charming Grade II listed cottage with attractive original features sleeping three guests
- Pretty garden with terraced seating areas, offering secluded outdoor space
- Ideally situated for coastal walks located in the small seaside hamlet of St Lawrence just outside of Ventnor.
- 2 bedrooms – 1 double and 1 single
- Shower room with shower and WC
- TV/DVD with Sky channels (no catch up services available)
- Wi-Fi included
- Oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and washer/dryer
- Bed linen included
- Electricity provided for internal use only (not suitable for charging cars)
- Central heating provided at no extra charge up to temperatures of 22 degrees. If higher temperatures are required additional charges apply at cost price.
- 2 dogs welcome by arrangement, at an additional charge (must be kept out of the bedrooms and off the furniture)
- £100 security deposit payable prior to arrival
- Off-road parking for 1 car, plus additional roadside parking
- Pub and shops 2 miles, beach 8-minute walk
- Maximum of 3 guests including infants
Delightful Grade II listed cottage dating from the 15th century, offering attractive period-style accommodation for three guests, located in the quiet hamlet of St Lawrence on the Isle of Wight’s south coast.
The seaside town of Ventnor on the south coast of the Isle of Wight is a lovely place to enjoy a relaxed holiday: popping into the seafront pub, hiring deckchairs, and paddling in the waves. However, for visitors who want to stay somewhere with a more tranquil atmosphere and yet still be close to all the facilities the town has to offer, the hamlet of St Lawrence, just two miles west of the town offers the perfect balance of peaceful tranquillity and easy access to attractions, shops, and restaurants. A mile from the property, Ventnor Botanic Gardens are a fantastic space to while away an afternoon and enjoy lunch in the well-regarded restaurant. From the gardens there is access to Steephill Cove, an idyllic secluded beach which is accessible only on foot.
This stone cottage is a charming single-storey property which has been finished to a high standard throughout. A warm welcome awaits in the lounge, a pretty room with a beamed ceiling, wooden floorboards, a brick fireplace with a wood burner, and a window seat. There is also a TV/DVD with Sky channels for leisurely entertainment. Moving through to the light and bright kitchen/diner, guests are able to easily find everything they need including an oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and washer/dryer. Two attractive bedrooms have both been finished in a pretty, shabby-chic style, the first being a double room and the other a restful single. The shower room is a chic, contemporary-style room offering a shower and WC.
A patio door from the kitchen leads out to the cottage’s sunny garden, which is mainly laid to patio and has a seating area with garden furniture which is perfect for relaxing over al fresco drinks in the warmer months. There is parking for one car on the drive, whilst there is also additional roadside parking on the lane in front of the cottage.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.