- This delightful cottage enjoys beautiful rural views across lakes and toward the downs
- An ideal location for nature-lovers, keen walkers and cyclists
- Perfect base for enjoying the wonderful countryside and glorious coastline
- 2 bedrooms – 1 double, 1 zip-and-link twin (can be made into a super-king-size double on request and by agreement at the time of booking)
- 1 bathroom with shower and WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment and washer/dryer
- Access to a freezer is provided
- TV/DVD and music system in lounge
- Terrace with garden furniture and BBQ
- Parking for 2 cars
- Bike and dinghy storage available
- Central heating and electric included
- Wi-Fi included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Security deposit – £100 per booking
- Set on a working farm
- Trout fishing can be arranged
- Regret no pets
- Children should be supervised in the grounds due to the pond and lakes
- Supermarkets, pubs and restaurants within walking distance
Set in the heart of the Isle of Wight this lovely and tranquil farm cottage offers delightful views, a variety of wildlife and a fishing lake, and is an ideal base for touring this picturesque island.
This attractive cottage stands near one of the Isle of Wight’s Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Nearby is a picturesque pond with an abundance of wildlife, plus two large trout lakes which abound with a variety of birds making them a wonderful location for keen birdwatchers. This is also a superb cycling and walking area with the nearby Stenbury Trail which extends from Cowes to Ventnor, and the Tennyson Trail from Carisbrooke Castle to the Needles, on the western tip of the island. The sandy beaches of Sandown, Shanklin and Ventnor are a short drive away, or you could visit Osborne House, the island home of Queen Victoria. The market town of Newport has a variety of shops and restaurants.
On entering this tasteful barn conversion, which offers stunning rural views from all the main rooms, you will find yourself in the pretty and welcoming open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner. With plenty of comfy seating, TV/DVD and music system, the light and airy lounge is an ideal space to unwind in. You will also find a lovely dining area. The kitchen is fully equipped with an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment and a washer/dryer. Access to a freezer is also provided. Heading up to the first floor you will find two cosy bedrooms – there’s a double room and a twin room which has a zip-and-link bed which can be made up into a super-king-size double if requested at the time of booking. You will also find a bathroom complete with a built-in shower and WC.
The French doors from the lounge lead out onto a delightful terrace with lovely open views. Garden furniture and a BBQ are provided so you can enjoy a meal in the sunshine. The garden in front of the cottage has been enclosed with attractive picket fencing. From the cottage you can watch red squirrels feeding. Two cars can be parked beside the cottage or alternatively just outside the garden area. Storage is available for bicycles and dinghies by arrangement. You are welcome to roam across the beautiful farmland and enjoy picnics by the trout lakes, and arrangements can be made for you to enjoy fly fishing on the lakes. Tuition and tackle hire are available. One of the proprietors is a professional palaeontologist who is happy to identify your finds of fossils and/or take you on guided fossil hunting trips. Please note, children need to be supervised in the grounds due to the pond and lakes.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.
Share With Friends