- Set in a peaceful hamlet take in the tranquil countryside with many walks from your door
- A short drive from the historic village, amenities and sandy beach of Shanklin
- Stunning, extensive gardens perfect for al fresco dining
- 2 bedrooms – 1 double, 1 twin
- 1 shower room and WC
- Gas hob, combination microwave oven with grill, fridge with ice compartment (A conventional oven is not provided).
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Electric and central heating included
- Towels available at an additional charge
- Off-road parking for 2 cars on the paved driveway
- Wi-Fi included
- Regret no pets
- 1 mile to the nearest shop, half a mile to the bus stop
- Shanklin a short drive away
- Secure storage for bikes
- Gas BBQ available
- TV/DVD in the lounge
- The large pond is unfenced; children need to be supervised
- There is one step up into the front door and one step out to the patio from the double bedroom
Enjoy the peace and serenity of the countryside in this delightful single-storey cottage – sleeping up to four guests across two bedrooms – with all the amenities you need within a short drive.
To get away from it all, it’s best to – well – get away from it all. This delightful cottage stands in a peaceful hamlet on the outskirts of Shanklin, where the starry nights are pin-drop silent and the days are calm. As you can imagine, there are some fabulous country walks to explore. Yet despite this peace and tranquillity, you are far from isolated. There’s a local shop within a mile and further amenities can be found in Shanklin, not to mention the golden, sandy beach. The neighbouring seaside towns of Sandown and Ventnor are only a short drive away. Peace and quiet – with everything you need on your doorstep.
The cottage itself is all on one-floor and has all you need for a comfortable home away from home. There’s a large lounge with oak floors, corner sofa and TV/DVD and a pleasant dining area. The kitchenette, which is neatly hidden behind wooden doors, contains a fridge (with ice compartment), gas hob and a combination microwave oven with grill, so don’t hesitate if you fancy rustling up a meal or two. (A conventional oven is not provided). Both bedrooms – one gorgeous double that opens onto a patio and one lovely twin – are carpeted and there is a shower room with separate shower and WC. Adjoining the cottage is a utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board together with a selection of books.
Outside is where this cottage really comes in to its own. There is a courtyard area providing a delightful spot for al fresco dining – and the garden furniture and BBQ is yours to use as you please. Follow the steps to the side of the property to an area of extensive gardens with large areas of lawn. As the gardens are south-facing they catch a lot of sun. Perfect for garden games or a simple stroll. Bringing the car? There’s space for two on the paved driveway outside the property.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.
Share With Friends