- Just a short drive from wonderful sandy beaches
- Ideal for nature-lovers, horse riders, keen walkers and cyclists
- This lovely cottage is ideally situated for exploring the centre of the Isle of Wight
- 2 bedrooms – 1 double, 1 single
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave and fridge with ice compartment
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer in shared utility room. The tumble dryer is charged at 50p per half an hour on a meter.
- Smart TV in lounge
- Garden with furniture
- Parking for 2 cars
- Wi-Fi included – due to the location this can be intermittent
- Central heating and electricity included
- Bed linen included
- Towels available to hire – please request at the time of booking
- 2 dogs welcome
- Godshill is 3/4 mile away. Newport 6 miles
- Public house within 1 mile. General stores ¾ mile
- Riding school within 1 mile of the property
- Larger parties may wish to book alongside neighbouring, The Hayloft Cottage – Godshill which sleeps an additional 3 guests
- Access to the cottage is along a lane which can be uneven in places
Dating from the 18th century this former milking parlour is now a lovely cottage nestling in pretty surroundings in the heart of the Isle of Wight, making it an ideal base for exploring the island.
This delightful cottage lies less than a mile from the picturesque village of Godshill, with its pretty thatched cottages, restaurants and tea shops. The popular market town of Newport, with its wide variety of shops and its medieval castle is a short drive away, and the glorious sandy beaches of the delightful seaside resorts of Sandown, Shanklin and Ventnor are only a little further afield.
The cottage is located near the centre of the Isle of Wight making it ideal for accessing most parts of the island, and there are many fantastic walks and cycle routes to enjoy.
Nearby places to visit include Ventnor Botanic Garden and Osborne House – the island home of Queen Victoria.
This beautiful and comfortable cottage, formerly a farm building, is built from Island stone and is thought to date back to the 1700s, and adjoins another property. On entering this lovely single-level cottage, you will find yourself in the pretty and welcoming lounge/diner, which is a delightful space to unwind in, complete with plenty of comfy seating and Smart TV. You will also find a charming dining area. Heading into the stylishly designed kitchen you will find it fully equipped with an electric oven and hob, microwave and a fridge with an ice compartment. Exploring further you will find two cosy bedrooms. There’s one double room and a single room. You will also find a bathroom complete with a shower over the bath and a WC. A washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer are housed in a nearby utility room, use of which is shared with visitors in the adjoining cottage.
Stepping outside you will find a charming, small walled garden, with a lawn and shrubs at the rear of the cottage, and there’s also an attractive fenced garden at the front with a small lawn, shrubs and bird table. Red squirrels and a variety of birds are frequent visitors, Garden furniture is provided so you can enjoy meals al fresco.
Parking is available for two cars beside the cottage, also nearby you have a riding school which is within one mile of the property
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.
Share With Friends