Fowlsdown Barn End
- Single-storey open plan farm cottage sleeping two, occupying a self-contained wing of the main house
- Private enclosed courtyard garden with pleasant seating area
- Situated four miles north of the seaside town of Ventnor with its beach and botanic garden which showcases a subtropical and exotic plant collection.
- 1 sleeping area – king-size
- 1 bathroom
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, under counter fridge/freezer
- Laundry service available on request
- Towels, electric and central heating included
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Wi-Fi included
- Regret no pets
- Pub, shop, and beach 2 miles
- Regular bus service to Shanklin and Newport via Godshill within a five minute walk
Self-contained ground-floor property offering comfortable accommodation for two guests on the owner’s farm in the quiet hamlet of Whiteley Bank, just a short drive from a choice of beaches.
This cottage enjoys a pleasing farmland location in the south-eastern area of the Isle of Wight. Lying between two of the island’s best-loved villages, Shanklin to the east and Godshill to the west, there is plenty to see and do within just a few minutes’ drive. Shanklin comprises of two distinct areas: the picturesque old village with its quaint cottages, tea rooms and gift shops, whilst the seafront boasts a beautiful sandy beach, takeaway outlets, popular beach front public houses serving homemade food, an adventure golf course and amusement arcades. The two are linked by the shaded woodland gorge of Shanklin Chine, which is a pleasant walk by day and is lit up by illuminations in the evenings. For those that prefer to leave the car at home and admire the scenery, there is a regular bus service to Shanklin and Newport via Godshill within a five minute walk.
The front door of this property opens from the private courtyard, up one step and directly into the open-plan living area which comprises a lounge/kitchen/diner and curtained-off sleeping area. The kitchen area occupies one corner of the room, and is equipped with an electric oven and hob, microwave and under counter fridge/freezer, whilst there is a laundry service available on request. The lounge area with its comfortable seating, is situated between the kitchen area and the patio doors which open onto the patio garden. There is a TV/DVD here providing guests with relaxing entertainment at the end of a busy day of sightseeing. A set of curtains can be pulled to separate the living area from the sleeping area which has a king-size bed, small dressing table and built-in wardrobes. The bathroom, meanwhile, offers a shower over the bath and WC.
Patio doors from the lounge area open onto an enclosed patio garden for which garden furniture is provided, giving guests a pleasant spot to sit outside and enjoy the surroundings. There is off-road parking for one car on the gravel driveway next to the cottage.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.