- Beautiful character cottage offering modern conveniences coupled with eclectic style
- When the day is done take time out to relax in the garden or with a soak in the slipper bath
- With far reaching countryside views and easy access to walking and cycling routes through picturesque rolling countryside
- Bedrooms – 1 double four-poster and 1 double (2 Steep angled steps leading to each bedroom)
- 1 bathroom
- Wood burner and open fire (a small supply of starter logs and coal are provided from the start of November until the end of March)
- Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine
- Electric and electric panel heating included
- 2 off-road parking spaces
- Wi-Fi included
- 2 well behaved dogs welcome
- Please note that dogs are not allowed on the furniture and must not be left alone in the property
- Beach, shop and pub 2 miles
- TV with Sky Q in the lounge and four-poster bedroom
- Part of the roof is thatched
- Care must be taken with children around the pond
A charming cottage full of character, tucked within a pretty hamlet. Explore the nearby town of Ventnor, complete with popular sandy beach or simply take a soak in the slipper bath and relax
If you wish to stay somewhere a bit special, away from the rush of the modern world, where the pressures of every day life simply disappear, where time seems to just stand still, then this romantic cottage could be just what you are looking for.
With fresh flowers, a welcome tea tray, cows and sheep in the surrounding fields, a lovely four poster bed, towels, an open fire and a woodburner for winter nights in, all waiting just for you, the cottage is not only beautiful, but very comfortable.
Tucked away in the peaceful hamlet of Whitwell adjacent to a farm, this perfect romantic retreat is full of charm and is ideally situated for visiting some of the area’s most popular attractions, including the secluded Steephill Cove and the botanic gardens, which can all be found in the nearby seaside town of Ventnor. This bustling resort is well worth a visit and has a great selection of independent shops and cafés, plus an attractive esplanade. Beautiful countryside surrounds the property and is home to an abundance of pretty villages, which make the ideal backdrop for days spent walking and cycling. From the coastal path you can head to the pretty village of Bonchurch and onwards to Shanklin.
A winding path runs from the parking area to the main entrance into this semi-detached property. On entering the cottage you are met with an inviting dining room, which has a feature wood burner. Just next door is the lounge. This is the perfect spot to relax and unwind as it has a TV with Sky Q package and a wonderful open fire. Heading through the dining room you will find the charming country style kitchen. This well-equipped space has an electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. You can also admire the traditional AGA, which is for decorative use only. Next is the stylish bathroom, which has a hand-held shower over the beautiful slipper bath and a WC.
Heading back through the dining room there is a set of narrow and steep cottage style stairs, leading to a charming double bedroom on your right where you can wake up to the sounds of the countryside. Just opposite is a pretty four poster double bedroom with wonderful views and a TV with Sky Q package. This property has changes of level and low doorways peppered throughout, adding to its character and charm. Heading outside from the dining room and through a gate is a beautiful garden with patio and garden furniture. Also accessible from the lounge this is the ideal space to relax. A large lawn is the perfect place for your four-legged friends to unwind. There are lovely views to be admired across the garden and to the fields beyond. To the front of the property is a pretty uncovered pond where and care must be taken with children, and a path leading to an off-road parking area suitable for two cars.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
Please note there is a refundable £200 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.