- Charming cottage offering attractive period accommodation for a romantic couple’s retreat
- Beautifully maintained period property with numerous original features located in the seaside village of Ventnor
- Private walled garden: a wonderful space to enjoy alfresco dining
- 1 spacious double bedroom
- Bathroom with bath, shower, and WC
- TV/DVD, plus additional small TV in the bedroom
- Open fire
- Wi-Fi included
- Oven, hob, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment and washing machine
- Bed linen, heating, and electric included
- Regret no pets
- £100 security deposit payable prior to arrival
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Beach, pub, and shops within walking distance
Delightful one-bedroomed cottage, offering well-maintained period accommodation for up to three guests, located in the popular seaside village of Ventnor, within walking distance of the sandy beach.
This property is located in the pretty village of Ventnor on the Isle of Wight’s south coast. The village is home to a popular sandy beach, where visitors can hire deckchairs, relax in the sea front pub and enjoy some wonderful homecooked food.
A little way along the coast the quieter beach at Steephill Cove is accessible only on foot, and therefore offers a peaceful place to relax, sunbathe, and swim, as well as enjoy lunch at the well-regarded beach front restaurant which specialised in local crab dishes.
Ventnor Botanic Gardens is also nearby where subtropical and exotic plants thrive in the local microclimate.
The Clock House is one of a small group of cottages which have been converted from the original stables of Steephill Castle. On arrival at this delightful cottage, guests may like to unwind after their journey in the welcoming lounge where they will find the original fireplace with its open fire, comfortable seating, and a TV/DVD, as well as patio doors which open onto the garden. Moving through to the kitchen/diner, guests will find a bright room where a large bay window floods the room with light, and which is equipped with an oven, hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment, and washing machine. The property is all based on one floor, making the delightful double bedroom easy to access. This spacious room has an interesting ornamental ceiling and has its own small TV allowing guests to enjoy some late-night television in bed. A door from the bedroom leads through to the charming conservatory which has an attractively tiled floor and looks out over the garden. The bathroom, meanwhile, offers a sumptuous claw-foot bath, a separate shower, and WC.
To the rear of the property, accessed through the lounge and the conservatory, there is a pleasant walled garden which has garden furniture and a feel of privacy. There is off-road parking provided for two cars.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.