- 17th century period property tucked away in the countryside, an ideal location for a romantic couple’s break
- Idyllic and unspoilt rural location at the foot of Appuldurcombe Down with enjoyable woodland walks from the front door
- Situated within ten minutes’ walk of the village of Godshill and just 5 miles to the popular sandy beaches of Shanklin and Ventnor.
- 1 double bedroom
- Wet room with shower and WC
- Wi-Fi included
- Oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, and washing machine
- Bed linen, heating, and electric included
- Towels available to hire for a small charge
- 2 dogs welcome (please keep off of the furniture)
- £100 security deposit payable prior to arrival
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Pub and shops within walking distance, beach 5 miles
- Part of a complex of 5 similar style cottages
- Please note that short breaks must commence from a Friday
Attractive former-coach house sleeping two guests, situated alongside four other holiday cottages on the owner’s farm just outside the village of Godshill in the south-east of the Isle of Wight.
This cottage enjoys a quiet rural location, surrounded by fields, at the bottom of Appuldurcombe Down overlooking the picturesque village of Godshill. A short, pleasant walk along the wooded footpath from the cottage brings guests directly to the village, where they will find numerous tea rooms and an array of independent shops selling gifts, artisan products, and local fossils. The village gem and fossil shop is also the place to book a guided fossil hunt: these interesting walking tours take place on the beach at nearby Compton Bay and allow visitors to see the island’s famous dinosaur footprints, as well as pick up tips for finding their own fossils to take home. Other attractions within short driving distance include the sandy beach at Ventnor, Amazon World, and Blackgang Chine.
This cottage offers pleasing home from home accommodation for two guests. The cottage is designed in a reverse-level lay out, which means that the first room that guests will come to on arrival is the double bedroom, adjacent to which the spacious en-suite wet room offers a shower and WC. Stairs from the hallway lead up to the open-plan living space on the first floor. This lounge/kitchen/diner offers everything that guests will need to make themselves at home, including comfortable seating, a TV/DVD, a dining area, and a kitchen area which is equipped with an oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, and washing machine.
A stable door from the first-floor living area of the property leads to a set of external steps which leads down to the bridle path. There is a communal garden within a two minute walk of the cottage along with a small open garden area at the front of the cottage for which garden furniture is provided, making it an ideal spot to sit and enjoy alfresco drinks in the tranquil surroundings. At the front of the cottage, there is also an off-road parking space for one car.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.