- This unique, Grade II listed holiday cottage offers a retreat in a picturesque location
- Perfect for couples, a small family, keen walkers, history buffs, sightseers and nature-lovers
- A beautiful, historic cottage in a fabulous setting, close to the stunning northern coastline of the Isle of Wight
- Sleeps 2+2
- Bedrooms – 1 double, 1 small bunk bedroom for children
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
- TV/DVD in lounge
- Courtyard and terrace with garden furniture
- Parking for 1 car
- Wi-Fi included
- Central heating and electric included
- Bed linen included
- Security deposit – £100 per booking
- Adjacent to the estate of Osborne House. East Cowes Esplanade approx. 1 mile. Cowes accessible via a short walk and the floating bridge
- Please note there are one or two steps leading down to the bathroom, kitchen and bunk bedroom
- Discounted tickets to Osborne House available. Please enquire on arrival
- Weddings are regularly held in the nearby hotel and grounds
- 2 dogs are welcome. A puppy under 12 months may be accepted if house trained
Close to the sea and nestling in beautiful secluded woodland surroundings adjacent to Queen Victoria’s island palace of Osborne House, this retreat is ideal for a magical romantic getaway.
This historical property is situated in a garden adjoining the garden of the Albert Cottage Hotel, a popular venue for weddings and was once the former folly for Queen Victoria. Osborne House is open to the public, and the vibrant sailing town of Cowes, built astride the River Medina, is within easy walking distance. Famous for the Cowes Week festival, the town also offers a choice of shops and restaurants. The coastline either side of Cowes makes for pleasant walking and you can walk along to Ryde to the east or Gurnard to the west. A stretch of beach towards Gurnard is an enjoyable place for a picnic and to watch the yachts, fishing boats and cruise liners. The glorious beaches of Seaview are just a short drive away.
Formerly part of the Osborne Estate this cottage was built by Queen Victoria for the royal children in a style to conjure up the atmosphere of India, and the cottage continues to provide a wonderful, peaceful and romantic escape. On entering you will find the spacious, light and airy lounge/diner which enjoys an extensive open aspect, sympathetically furnished with comfy seating and TV/DVD. You will also find a pleasant dining area which offers a beautiful garden view. Windows extend for almost the entire length of the cottage which has been furnished in a way to accentuate the atmosphere of the Indian Raj. Exploring this lovely property further you will find a galley-style kitchen, fully equipped with an electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. You will also find a sunny and welcoming conservatory which also makes a delightful place for dining and which overlooks a secluded courtyard. There are also two cosy bedrooms. There’s a double bedroom and a small bunk bedroom with a full-size bunk bed which is suitable only for children. You will also find a bathroom complete with a shower over the bath and a WC. Please note there are one or two steps leading down to the bathroom, kitchen and small bunk bedroom.
Stepping outside, you will find a beautiful, large garden. There is a pretty covered terrace surrounding the cottage and garden furniture is provided so you can dine in the sunshine. A car can be parked near the cottage.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.